Monday, March 10, 2008

Zenni Optical - $8 Prescription Glasses!


I had heard a lot about www.zennioptical.com from radio host Clark Howard and others and recently got a chance to check them out for myself. After misplacing my $175 prescription glasses (no mom, I don't remember the last place I had them), I decided to give Zenni Optical a try.

Zenni Optical offers prescription glasses for as low as $8 with only $5 shipping for your entire order. I looked through their selection and found 2 pairs that I liked (frames 9628 & 3396 if you're that interested) and placed my order on 2/28. The frames I picked out were $8 each and after adding $4.95 for anti-reflection coating on both pairs and another $4.95 for sunglass tint on one, my total with shipping was $35.80. You heard right, that's 2 pairs of prescription glasses, both with anti-reflection coating, and one with sunglass tint for $35. Try pricing two pairs like that at your local Pearl Vision or For Eyes.

Well, today they came. The results? They're perfect. In fact, I'm looking through them right now! The prescription is spot on, and they look and feel just as nice as the expensive pairs. One pair is even much lighter than the pair I lost. 

So, do yourself a favor and check out Zenni Optical. Why not get those prescription shades you've always wanted, or get a funky style that you may only wear every once in a while.

Your eyes and your wallet will thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. If I ever misplace my glasses I'll check them out.

Ariel said...

Happy House Wife posted your link on her blog. I've already mentioned it to her but I wanted to let you know. I cannot thank you enough for posting this! My new employer doesn't have vision insurance and we've been extremely stressed trying to get glasses for me as I've never had them tested. Yeah, I know, shame on me. Anyway, this link is a huge stress relief! Thanks for passing it on!